Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mountaineer Balloon Festival

Since I was a little girl I have been fascinated with hot air balloons. I think it all started when my dad came back from a business trip with a stuffed hot air balloon that had rainbow colored stripes all away around the balloon. It hung the ceiling in my room until I graduated from high school. Then on some summer nights we might catch a glimpse of a local Charlie Brown hot air balloon on the horizon, floating over the mile-gridded Iowa farm lands.

When we were deciding whether or not Morgantown, WV was the place for us I happened to come across the Mountaineer Balloon Festival website which claimed this annual festival to be hosted in Morgantown... .it was like a sign from God that WV might just be the place for us. So, here it is October, 8-10 signs all around town read "The Balloons are Back!" and the weekend event brings a carnival to town, an evening event called "Night Glow" and daily balloon races.

Below is a couple of photos from the festival thus far. We have had in-climate weather, which has limited the flight time of the balloons, actually there have been ZERO balloons in the air just yet. So tonight and tomorrow we are hoping for clear skies, clam winds and lots of HOT AIR IN MORGANTOWN. Keep those fingers crossed!!! We'll keep the camera at the ready.





0 comments: