Saturday, August 2, 2008

China again... It's only day 2!

This gentleman is the Director of the Institute of Sport in Guangzhou- after dinner he treated us by demonstrating his ability to write in Chinese calligraphy. This script is a an old Chinese proverb that translates to something like "the harder you work, the more you will achieve". I'm sure I have not done it justice, but that's what I understood.

After the traditional Chinese banquet-these two are siblings from Shanghai University. They have been wonderful translating Chinese to English for me. They say their English is bad, but I joke with them and say that my Chinese is worse!!

After the banquet our hosts took us to a karaoke room. In this photo Beth and I on the ends and then Korea and Canada represented.

Yes, that's me with the microphone. It was horrible, but I did it! They laughed so hard at how I just made up the words.

Beth didn't sing, but she did amaze them with a magic trick.

0 comments: