Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Day in the Park in Guangzhou

Dr. Schempp and I went to a park that started with an "X"... I don't think I could pronounce it or spell it if I tried. ... so we'll call it Park X. This park was in the middle of the city of Guangzhou and it is full of lush greenery, walk ways, and many many people (surprised?!). We walked around for a couple hours just enjoying the green space. These young Chinese girls giggled and laughed as Dr. Schempp and I walked around- and asked for a photo with us.

There were paddle boats.
And a 5 story tower/museum that traced the history of China and Guangzhou. Very interesting.
This beautiful cherry blossom piece was on display on the 5th floor.
When we made our way down it started to pour-- so we bought and umbrella and stopped for some lunch. Everyone else seemed to have a similar idea.

0 comments: